Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chocolate Donut

When you start capturing math in your food (well yeah the food that you are eating), probably it's signal that you should take a break for a while!

I am eating a chocolate donut right now and really can't stop myself from visualizing all kind of non-planar graphs that could be easily be represented in almost planar fashion on the surface of the donut. Well as such the concept not at all new, but mathematicians used much more elegant objects or rather names, which in this case is Torus. I guess doing math on poor piece of donut is sinful. And to extend my perverted sinful nature, I am wondering right now are there any special properties that vertically bisected donut will have as compared to a complete donut?

Huh! I should rather complete my donut and get back to work.

1 comment:

V S said...

I hate science......coz u people just cant taste the food.....u see science in that too.....