Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Watching A Cloud Die.

As I lie on my bed on a listless Sunday mornings in Minneapolis and thinking about absolutely nothing, I see a small piece of cloud on the face of the clear blue sky, a part of which I can see through my glass window. The cloud seems to be moving west perhaps all alone, but quite slowly as if it is in no hurry to reach its destination.

As it moves slowly across my view through the window, I start to notice its edges that keep on fading with time and the more I notice, the more I see the dynamic nature of the cloud. Now, no longer to me cloud appears to be a tranquil adult, but appears to be a playful child, who is fascinated with all the space that is out there. The cloud still keeps on moving!

I wonder, how qualified my thought process is! Or may be it's a common human tendency to personify things. I guess it's more of human nature, then my idiosyncrasy, we see life in everything. Probably, this is stemmed in the fact or rather our belief that anything that is born should die. We, the bed, the chair, the car, civilization, nations, planets, galaxies and universe, everyone took birth one day, both in realistic and figurative sense, and all will die! All of them should come to an end.

And so will this cloud, that I see outside my glass window. Probably, it has already started to disappear in the nothingness of the blue sky, returning to the place from where it originated. I can see edges dithering out and disappearing into the blue background, making the size of the cloud smaller and smaller every second. And as the cloud moves slowly and pass through my view it has shrunk to a smaller size and probably in next some minutes will disappear and will not exist.

No comments: