Friday, January 9, 2009

My Satyam Connection

Seriously, no one really thought in their ugliest of the nightmares that Satyam Computers would turn out to be a black sheep of the Indian IT industry. And no one knows what lies at the end of this abyss?

As such on the facade of things I really have nothing to do with Satyam and their is practically no reason for me to write this blog, but somehow I remembered of an incident, which though fairly insignificant, could have changed a lot of things in my life by now!

It was the summer of 2004, when Nishant and I after completing our U-grad managed to get a face saving intership at a government organisation. We thank them for this oppurtunity, but seriously we wanted to be out of that mess. We were still in close touch with our deparment and had a constant vigil on an almost parched on-campus recruitment process. That's when Satyam computers, by some heavenly grace, turned up to our college and we thought, well that's it! This is our golden ticket to the outside world.

Almost instantly when we came to know about this news, we contacted our HoD, a real gentlemen by nature and a man with a very level head, for his permission to sit in for the interview process. To our dismay, he quite blatantly asked us not to sit for this, as we were already placed! We tried our best to convince him, but all was seriously in vain. We both eventually ended sitting in the canteen and cursing our fate over a cup of chai. Phew! That was a tough day and I still remember that.

The rest, of course, as always said is history that most of you are aware of. But, I am remembered of a the following line, which I saw somewhere:
"Life can only be understood looking back, but it can only be lived looking forward".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa, I had almost forgotten this man........ :). Cool, even I had a Satyam connection....... Thanks for reminding dude..... And thank GOD we were not allowed to sit for the interview !