Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Landing In Minneapolis

This is a small poem (and almost a childish one) I wrote sometime back. It describes the night view of the city of Minneapolis as I saw from an airplane. Each stanza has two lines and in each stanza the first line describes a scene of flight and the second is about the city of Minneapolis. The words in small braces are mentioned for the sake of grammatical completeness.

Landing in Minneapolis

As the plane passed on the black slate,
There she was, the city, the city of lakes.

Many a cars, through the window I could see
Like the fireflies, dancing blinking and free.

And gently then she turned her face
(I saw)The Mississippi, her connections and all her necklace

Finally she started to pace down
(I saw) A TV tower and a blazing down-town

A hug, a kiss and she embraced me in her arms
There was I, at a place so tranquil and calm.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great, keep up the good work